Onlays may be recommended when your tooth has become weakened or damaged by decay.
An onlay covers the tooth’s surface, providing all-around protection without filling your mouth full of metal. The onlays are color-matched to your natural teeth so they can blend in with your beautiful smile.
Do I Need an Inlay or an Onlay?
You might need an inlay if:
- Your tooth needs a large filling that may damage the remaining tooth structure.
- A serious injury has made it so a dental crown won’t bond to the tooth.
- Your tooth is broken or has started to decay and the tips of your teeth are intact.
The inlay works like a puzzle piece and is attached to the tooth permanently. Our inlays are highly durable and our Dentist can securely place each inlay so that it lasts for years to come.
An onlay may work better if:
- Your tooth has been weakened due to extensive decay.
- A cavity has become too big for a filling.
- A dental crown would require removing too much of your tooth.
Onlays are also created in a dental lab and then sent back to our office. We’ll ensure you feel comfortable during your visit, and we’ll help you determine whether you need a local anesthetic during placement.
Our Dental Team Can Show You How Inlays and Onlays Work
During your first consultation visit, we can show you the difference between inlays and onlays and how they work. The Dentist will take a look at your teeth to give you a detailed diagnosis and recommend the right treatments for your situation. We’ll do everything we can to help you because we want your smile to look amazing!
Are You Ready to Turn Heads with your Smile? Start by Calling Us Today!
For a beautiful smile that can give you a boost of confidence, call our office today to schedule an appointment. We’re excited to meet you and show you how we can transform your smile for the better!